Our current PAN (Published Admission Number) is 60.
St Catherine’s provides a distinctive, Christ–centred, Catholic education for children aged 4–11. Priority is given to children who live and worship in the parish of St Catherine’s.
- Admission to St Catherine’s Nursery does not guarantee a place in St Catherine’s Catholic Primary School.
- Admission to St Catherine’s Catholic Primary School does not guarantee admission to a Catholic High School.
If you’d like to look around school before you apply, please get in touch.
St Catherine’s Nursery has 26 places: each place is allocated on a part–time basis, allowing a total of 52 children to attend. Children receive 15 hours of free provision per week, and we can offer additional hours to children who have an extended entitlement. The core part–time attendance patterns are as follows:
- Five mornings (Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 11.45am)
- Five afternoons (Monday to Friday, 12.30pm to 3.30pm)
- Start of week (Monday and Tuesday, 8.45am to 2.45pm and Wednesday 8.45am to 11.45am)
- End of week (Wednesday 12.30pm to 3.30pm and Thursday and Friday, 8.45am to 2.45pm)
Extended provision includes Breakfast Club from 8.00am, and for those accessing the start or end of the week patterns, children are able to stay until 3.30pm on their ‘full’ days.
Places in Nursery are offered to start in September.
To apply for a Nursery place, please contact us or call in to the school office to collect an application form.
To apply for a Nursery place, you'll need to complete and return an application form and an additional information form, as well as proof of your child's identity—for example a birth certificate or passport.
Applications for a place in Reception are processed through the Co-ordinated Scheme for Admission Arrangements. Details of the co-ordinated scheme can be found on the Sheffield City Council website.
To rank your application in the correct admission category, we require additional information not contained in the Common Application Form:
- The Additional Information Form needs to be completed and returned to the school by the closing date. You can download it on the Sheffield City Council website or get a copy through the school office.
- A copy of the child’s baptism certificate if the applicant is Roman Catholic.
- Ministers Reference if the child is a member of another Christian Church or other World Faith.
Please note: The Additional Information Form is not an application for admission to the school and its return does not guarantee a place at the school.
Failure to complete and return the Additional Information Form may affect the admission category your child is placed in.
Year 1 to Year 6
Applications for a place in Year 1 to Year 6 are processed by the Sheffield City Council Admissions Team.
If your child is currently attending a school in Sheffield but you are wanting to apply to move them to St Catherine’s, you should speak to staff at your child’s current school in the first instance.